Friday, March 14, 2008

Dearest reader,

I am communicating with you via Gossip Stone! (I have always wanted to say that. These things are truly amazing ~ all the way to Earth from Hyrule!)

My associate, Shad and I are pleased to announce that we have just completed a large amount of research into Hyrule's history and have compiled a rather extensive and (what we believe to be) relatively accurate telling of the times of the Sages of Hyrule and the surrounding circumstances.

A little about the account we have compiled here: it has been roughly one-and-a-half years in the making, dutifully referenced and cross-referenced to any and all accounts of happenings in Hyrule (legendary or actual), and has made extensive use of the Book of Mudora (which, as Shad and I discovered, was still available at the Kakariko Village Library ~ truly, a remarkable find).

Despite our best efforts, however, we have had to fill in quite a few gaps to bring you the more complete version of the history, and some of our research may, sadly, be incorrect. Nevertheless, we felt this almost true account was worth your perusal. If your attentive and dutiful eye detects any inconsistencies with the Legend as you know it, please contact me via Gossip Stone and share your comments.

We wish to relay this telling of the Legend to you post-haste. Please choose a volume from the bookshelf at the left and peruse to your heart's content.

Dearly and Dutifully,
the Hero of Geeks

PS ~ Ah, yes! Master Shad has just reminded me that I have not even told you the title of our work. We have named it The Legend of Zelda: Shadows of the Past. (A lovely title, I think ~ full of foreshadowing and whatnot, excuse the pun.) With no further ado, enjoy!